CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

School is out!!!

My summer break has officially begun! I have been waiting to say that for quite a while. I don't want to wish my life away, but it was a very long school year! Now, time can slow down for a little while. Right!!

Anyway, I am glad to have the summer break and am looking forward to spending as much of it as I can with Grace. She is sooo much fun right now, most of the time. While she was out here on Monday Tanner and Katie also came out. Tanner decided that it was time to set up Grace's pool. He went and got it from the container and blew it up. Grace was enjoying watching it come to life. It was pretty nasty after having been stored all winter, so Tanner and Katie scrubbed it down good. I was the supervisor on the scene!! I was anxious to see if it was going to hold air or not. As you can see from the pictures below, parts of it did and parts of it did not!



Mike and Tanner assured me that they could find the leaks and fix it up. We will see! I plan to give them until the end of the week to check it out and then I will probably be heading to Wal Mart or Target for a replacement. After all, I promised Grace that the next time she was over she would be able to play in it, and I can't break a promise!! I also have to find her a swimsuit to keep over here. Gee I hope I can find one I like!!
Besides spending time with Grace this summer I have the usual summer cleaning projects. Some of which will get done and some probably not. Oh well! One big project is to clean out her room at our house. We still have the crib up in there and it is currently storing some of the larger baby toys. I want to move those to the container, break down the crib and put up some more shelves in there. I brought home from school all the books that my kids had when they were small. I heard Grace telling Katie on Monday night to come to her room because she had lots of books in there. She just thinks she has a lot of books now, wait until I get these in there! She does love books, though, and I am very thankful for that. I plan to read through a lot of them this summer.
Other projects include scrubbing kitchen cabinets, cleaning out closets and completing the redecorating I have begun in the living room. I have some more purchases to make to get it like I want it. I plan to have some help from Taylor completing that project. Too much fun to look forward to this summer!
We don't have any trips planned for the summer but Mike, Tanner and I have a pretty big one planned for November. Tanner will turn 21 in September and we had told both kids a long time ago that when they turned 21 we would take them to Las Vegas. We took Taylor over Spring Break in 2006 and now it is Tanner's turn. We are all really looking forward to that. Therefore, the longest trip I will probably make over the summer will be to Alma to see my mom. Which just happens to be one of my favorite all time trips anyway!!
Til next time...

1 comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love the summer fun! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for becoming a follower of my blog...and to say a quick "hello"!

Blessings to you,
Kelly Gerken
Sufficient Grace Ministries