Saturday, February 7, 2009

Weekend at Granny's

I'm only a week late getting around to this post! Better late than never, I guess. On Thursday, the week of the ice storm, Mike and I headed to Mom's as I have already posted. Taylor and Grace came down on Friday. I have finally gotten around to posting some pictures of the activities of that weekend.

Grace got some mega blocks for Christmas and brought them with her. They come in a plastic container that she thinks should always be empty. She does the same with some containers at the house. She doesn't necessarily always want to play with what is in them, she just wants them to be emptied out all over the floor. Anyway, she did play with them for a little while with her momma. They built the first house of the weekend.

Taylor has decided to let Grace's hair grow. Her bangs have gotten very long and get in her eyes. She looks pretty cute when she brushes them out of her eyes and slings her head back. Sassy might be a better word than cute! I bought some little barretts to see if we could help keep her bangs out of her face. Before they got too busy on the floor, Taylor got her still enough to get her hair all fixed. Isn't she just a cutie pie?!? Such big, beautiful, blue eyes!

Granny was the next builder she recruited. I haven't seen Granny in the floor playing in quite a while. Grace can be very persuading!! (See how long her hair is getting.)

The next picture shows fun in the bath. Look at that hair! Think she likes bathtime?

On Saturday morning we made our way to Barling to see Aunt Rose. She hadn't seen Grace in several months and was just amazed at how much she had changed. We had a good visit with her and Uncle Jim even made it home before we left. (Sorry that I didn't get a picture of her with him.)

When we got back to Granny's, Taylor left to head back to Fayetteville. Grace stayed with us at Granny's. I called Courtney to let her know that Grace was down and she was welcome to come play with her if she wanted. Of course she did! Guess what she was conned into doing? Of course she had lots of help with what she was building.

Mike and I were there but for some reason we didn't make it into any of the pictures. I didn't because I am the one always taking them. He didn't mainly because he stayed in the bedroom with the TV and reading his book. Next time I need to give the camera to someone else for at least one picture of me with Grace!
I was very thankful that we had some place to go when we were without power. I know there are still some people without, hopefully it won't be for very much longer.
Most of you probably know by now, but in case you don't, little Harper and her family were able to go home on Thursday. To see pictures of this precious little one we have been praying for you can go to Kelly's blog. We are so thankful for God's goodness in healing this little girl and blessing this wonderful family! God is good!!